Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Sculpture

On Tuesday we went to Bondi to see the sculptures there. Everyone had information about one sculpture and we had to achieve a report about it. My one was number 25. When I looked and read the paper for the first time, I didn't understand anything and I was laughing because it looked funny on the paper, I could only see some semi-circles.

I arrived to my designated sculpture, I looked at it surprised. It was built with metal. The most commonly used metal is stainless steel. It was long, the size was 280cm by 92cm by 80cm. It was all silver. It was built in this way: Flat sheets of metal were cut into pieces which were formed and then welded together. Also, the sculptor often builds pieces for public places which must necessarily be very strong, this piece had to also withstand a very long boat ride.

It is a nice sculpture it makes you feel happy, her colour becomes brilliant with the sun and makes it more impressive.



No comments:

Post a Comment