Wednesday, November 4, 2009




Interview with Maya (a librarian).




Last week 2 AMEP classes interviewed Maya a librarian at St George TAFE. We did it on Video conference. At first we said hello, and we wanted to ask her some questions about her experience in Australia.


Students: Where are you from?
Maya:I'm from Russia.

Students:How long have you been in Australia?
Maya:I've been in Australia for four years.

Students:How did you start work?
Maya:At first I worked as a volunteer, which is without any pay.

Students:How did you get this job?
Maya:My teacher helped me and found it for me to start here in Australia.

Students:Did you have to study at University when you came here or you just used your qualification from overseas?
Maya:No, I didn't do anything at University here. I just did the EFS English course at TAFE.

Students:Did you come by yourself to Australia?
Maya:No, I came with my husband and my children.

Students:Do you speak English at home with your husband and children?
Maya:No, we speak Russian.

Students:Did you work as a librarian in your country?
Maya:No, I didn't.

Students:Can you tell us one of your responsibilities and explain it?
Maya:Yes; the first one is customer service: helping students to find the books, CDs and anything else like information for example.

Students:Do you like it?
Maya:Yes I do.

Students:So, thanks Maya for everything and thanks for your time. BYE.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so beautiful!You work very hard!You publish so many texts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks your blog is nice as well

    ReplyDelete